Scones Made With Yeast & Avocado. Mix flour and salt in another bowl and place in a mound on a large clean surface, form a well in the center and add the yeast liquid. Slowly work the flour into the yeast mixture until completely blended, form into a ball. In large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
Sift the flour, instant yeast into a big mixing bowl and add the butter cubes from the fridge. Use finger tips to lightly rub the butter until butter and flour are well mixed resembling crumbs. Rubbing should be light and fast. You can have Scones Made With Yeast & Avocado using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Scones Made With Yeast & Avocado
- Prepare of Whole wheat cake flour.
- You need of Strong bread flour.
- Prepare of Beet sugar.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Avocado.
- Prepare of Dry yeast.
- You need of Water (for the yeast).
- You need of Almonds.
- Prepare of equal to almonds White chocolate.
Note that yeast can also be added together with milk if you prefer. Cooks.com – Recipes – Yeast Scons This book contains scones both sweet, healthy, and savory: for. Yeasted Blueberry Scones were inspired by Angel Biscuits, which are biscuits made with yeast. They have a crumbly, rich crust surrounding a crumb that is lighter than a baking powder biscuit and more like a roll or a soft muffin.
Scones Made With Yeast & Avocado step by step
- Mash the avocado with a fork. Sprinkle with a few drops of lemon juice to prevent the avocado changing color too much..
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon of dry yeast in the water..
- Combine the flour, beet sugar, and salt and add to the yeast mixture from Step 2..
- Add the mashed avocado, almonds, and white chocolate to the mixture and fold in..
- When everything is mixed together, press the mixture down with a bench scraper and cut it in half..
- Place one half of the dough on top of the other and flatten down once again with the bench scraper. Repeat this step several times to create some layers..
- Shape the dough into a 2 cm thick rectangle, wrap in cling film, and place in the fridge..
- Leave the dough in the fridge for over 8 hours. Take it out and cut it into 6 portions..
- Preheat the oven to 240°C. Turn the heat down to 230°C and bake for 15 minutes..
- This is how the scones should look when cut..
So basically, you get the best of both worlds! Lightly butter and line a flat baking tray with baking parchment or silicone paper (not greaseproof). Mix the egg and milk in a small bowl, and stir into flour mixture until moistened. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead briefly. Scones Made With Yeast & Avocado step-by-step Mash the avocado with a fork.