Easy Chocolate Scones Just Like Starbucks. The chocolate chips make them very tasty but the orange juice makes them special. Make sure butter is well chilled to produce the flakiest texture possible. Serve with clotted cream or lemon curd.
Add the butter to the food processor, and pulse the food processor until the mixture looks like coarse meal. Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to a large bowl and whisk together with a fork or a whisk until combined. Add the whole milk to a liquid measuring cup along with the egg and whisk with a fork to combine. You can cook Easy Chocolate Scones Just Like Starbucks using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Chocolate Scones Just Like Starbucks
- It’s 90 grams of ○ Plain flour.
- Prepare 10 grams of ○ Bread flour (if unavailable, use 100 g plain flour).
- You need 5 grams of ○ Baking powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of ○ Salt.
- You need 30 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 25 ml of △ Water.
- Prepare 25 ml of △ Milk (if unavailable, use 50 ml water).
- It’s 1 tbsp of △ Plain yogurt.
- You need 1 of △ (If available) vanilla oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of Chocolate bar.
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda and salt. Add cold butter, using your fingers to work the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles coarse crumbs. In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, milk, egg and vanilla. Remove baked scones from the oven and let set for several minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Easy Chocolate Scones Just Like Starbucks step by step
- Put all ○ ingredients into a bowl and mix lightly with a spoon. Crush the chocolate bar into pieces..
- Melt the butter in the microwave, and add into the dry ingredients. Mix lightly with a spoon (don't worry if it's slightly powdery). Preheat the oven to 170℃..
- Add the △ ingredients and bring the dough together. Hold it with both hands and knead it a few times. It might feel sticky at first, but it will eventually come together..
- Mix the crushed chocolate bar into the dough and shape it into a ball. Aim to scatter the chocolate evenly (take care not to knead too much as the chocolate will melt)..
- Press down the dough on a cutting board and spread it out into a 1.5 cm-thick flattened ball. Slice into eighths like a cake. Place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper..
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in the oven. It's done when the surface is slightly browned. 180℃ might also be fine depending on the oven….
- The resulting scones are about half the size of the scones at Starbucks. If plain yogurt is unavailable, add 1-2 teaspoons of vinegar or lemon juice instead..
- I recommend keeping these scones in a paper napkin and a plastic wrap after they have slightly cooled down. My personal best result was with using a half of each block of the chocolate bar..
In a food processor add flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and lightly mix. Add butter and pulse until mixture is coarse. Place mixture into a bowl and make a well in the center. Add egg, vanilla, orange zest, and buttermilk. Cupcakes, cookies, cakes, ice cream — you name it, and chocolate chunks one-up their chip counterparts in every batch, dozen, slice and scoop.