Banana Scone Using Pancake Mix. Great recipe for Banana Scone Using Pancake Mix. I have a brand new baby and couldn't go to the store to get eggs, but I was starving as I was a nursing mom. So I went ahead and tried making scones with the pancake mix and a banana that I had at home, and it came out surprisingly good.
Add the cold milk and bring it all together into a lump. Add some chocolate, walnuts, raisins, etc. and fold into the batter. Full ingredient & nutrition information of the Biscuits or Scones, Buttermilk Calories. You can have Banana Scone Using Pancake Mix using 2 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana Scone Using Pancake Mix
- Prepare 1 of Banana (medium).
- You need 1 of to 1 1/2 package Pancake mix.
This recipe is made quicker by using a pre-made pancake mix. Full ingredient & nutrition information of. Mix mashed up bananas, syrup, vanilla, water, and pancake mix in a bowl. Spray non-stick cooking spray onto surface of pan or griddle.
Banana Scone Using Pancake Mix instructions
- Mash the banana in a bowl. (If the banana is soft enough, mash it in a plastic bag.).
- Combine the banana with the pancake mix..
- If it looks gooey like this, add more flour..
- If it looks lumpy like this, it is ready! Now you use your hands to knead it..
- The dough should come together to form a ball with a moist surface. If it looks too crumbly, add a few drops of milk or water. If it is too soft, add more flour..
- Bake in the oven at 170-180℃ for 15-20 minutes. Make sure to separate the dough as it rises quite a bit!.
- It took about 10-12 minutes with a gas oven. I heard that it can be done in a toaster oven (I don't own a toaster oven so I have not tried it yet)..
Add baking mix and sugar to a large bowl. Using a pastry knife, cut butter into the mix until lumps resemble coarse meal (the butter can also be pinched in with your fingers). Add milk and stir together until moistened. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix until well combined. Rub the butter into the dry ingredients with your fingers, or with a pastry cutter; rub until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.