Choc. Cupcake with Choc. Buttercream. Tips to make perfect chocolate cupcakes with chocolate buttercream Half quantity of chocolate buttercream frosting: the frosting recipe makes enough for large swirls on each cupcake. To make ahead: The cupcakes and the chocolate buttercream frosting can both be made ahead of time. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely, and then store them in a ziplock freezer bag.
Line two standard cupcake pans with liners. Remove from heat and add semisweet chocolate. This is my favorite chocolate buttercream frosting. You can have Choc. Cupcake with Choc. Buttercream using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Choc. Cupcake with Choc. Buttercream
- You need of Self-raising Flour.
- You need of Cocoa Powder.
- You need of Baking Powder.
- Prepare of Bicarbonate of Soda.
- It’s of Unsalted Butter.
- It’s of Caster Sugar.
- It’s of hen eggs.
- It’s of For the Choc. Buttercream.
- You need of Unsalted Butter.
- You need of Icing Sugar.
- You need of Vanilla Extract.
- It’s of Some splashes of milk.
- You need of Cocoa Powder.
- Prepare of or 180g of Milk Chocolate.
It's so simple and it comes together in six minutes. You'll need one cup or sixteen tablespoons of softened unsalted butter and the key to buttercream is to make sure your butter isn't overly softened. You never want it to be melted or the buttercream won't come together properly. In a large bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt together to combine.
Choc. Cupcake with Choc. Buttercream instructions
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6.Will need a very large Cake Mixing Bowl if mixing by hand with a Wooden Spoon.For the Kenwood Electric Food Mixer,add 200g of Unsalted Butter,200g of Caster Sugar,mix together on high.Add 8 beaten hen eggs – blend in with the sugary butter.Maybe add 4 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract..
- Sieve 400g of Self-raising Flour,100g Cocoa Powder,8 tsp. Baking Powder and 4 tsp. Bicarbonate Soda into the wet mix – blend – then blend again with 12 tablespoons of Pasteurized Cow Milk.Place 12 heaped Dessert Spoons into 12 Silicon Cupcake holders and bake on a Baking Tray for 20 minutes,allow too rest in cake holders for 10 minutes before taking out..
- For the Chocolate Buttercream,allow the 250g of Unsalted Butter too defrost a bit at room temperature.Melt the 180g of Milk Chocolate in a big glass bowl etc. over boiling hot water within a saucepan – no need to keep the heat of the hob on – allow the melted Chocolate too cool,without setting into a solid – and then add all the ingredients too your Kenwood Food Mixing Bowl – blend with the Cake Mixer Attachment – and add gradually some splashes of milk to loosen..
- Put the perfect nozzle into your Pipeing Bag,put some of your Chocolate Buttercream into your Pipeing Bag and then squeeze the Chocolate Buttercream out of the Pipeing Bag over the top of your Chocolate Cupcakes (may need too cut with a sharp knife,too flatten tops of Cupcakes).Done..
In a liquid measuring cup, stir buttermilk, vanilla and instant coffee granules (if using) together. Once done take the tin out of the oven and cool over a wire rack. In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, whip butter on medium speed until creamy and light in color, about four minutes. Scrape down the bowl and paddle and turn the mixer to low, then add powdered sugar, cocoa powder, milk, salt, and vanilla extract. Increase the speed to high and beat for three minutes.