Glazed Apple Squares.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, glazed apple squares. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Glazed Apple Squares is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Glazed Apple Squares is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook glazed apple squares using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Glazed Apple Squares:
- Prepare 3 cups of AP Flour.
- Make ready 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Get 1 cup of cold butter, cubed.
- Prepare 2 of eggs, separated.
- Prepare 3-4 tablespoons of 2% milk.
- Take 1 cup of crushed cornflakes or frosted flakes.
- Get 8-9 cups of thinly sliced peeled tart apples.
- Make ready 1 cup of + 2 tablespoons sugar, divided.
- Make ready 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon, divided.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg (optional).
- Take 1 cup of dried cranberries (variation).
- Prepare of Glaze:.
- Take 1/2 cup of icing sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Make ready 1 tablespoon of 2% milk or half & half.
Instructions to make Glazed Apple Squares:
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a measuring cup, combine egg yolk and enough milk to measure 1/3 cup. Gradually add to the flour mixture, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball..
- Preheat oven to 350°. Divide dough in half. Roll one portion into a thin 15×10-in. rectangle. Transfer to the bottom of an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with cornflakes..
- In a large bowl, combine apples, 1 cup sugar, 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon and nutmeg; toss to coat. Spoon over crust. Variation: sprinkle cranberries on top of apples.
- Roll remaining dough into a thin 15×10-in. rectangle; place over apple filling. Beat egg white; brush over pastry. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top. Bake 45-50 minutes or until golden brown..
- For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm pastry. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food glazed apple squares recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!