3 Ingredients Scones (vegan). Here is a super quick and simple recipe for absolutely delicious vegan scones. It's also a great one to make with the kids. Soft, crumbly insides under a crisp, browned exterior of a regular scone without the extra technique or ingredients.
The recipe makes a lot of scones so usually two baking trays are needed. I bake the scones one tray at a time or half way through the baking I swap around the two trays for an even bake. There's no egg, there's a vegan butter substitute and a vegan milk substitute. You can have 3 Ingredients Scones (vegan) using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 3 Ingredients Scones (vegan)
- Prepare 2 cups of self raising flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of coconut oil (semi solid, not melted).
- It’s 3/4 cup of plant based milk.
Here's what to have on hand: All purpose flour and whole wheat flour: Adding whole wheat adds a robust flavor and a bit more golden color, which is. The secret ingredient is lemonade – but they don't taste of lemon at all! This is the faster way to make classic scones which call for butter to be rubbed or blitzed into flour. There are so, so many scone recipes on the internet.
3 Ingredients Scones (vegan) instructions
- Lined the oven tray with baking paper, and preheat oven to 210°C..
- Mix all ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix well..
- Scoop out the batter and form them into a patty, placed it on the baking tray..
- Baked in the oven for 15mins, or until the top layer looks golden. Take out from the oven and serve it with jam and dollop of fresh cream. Replace cream with coconut yoghurt for the vegan option..
The recipe's origins are from a former Chef I worked with in Palm Cove, Australia at a beautiful hotel right on the beach. Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl. Rub the vegan butter into the flour mix, using a pastry cutter, a fork or your fingertips. Add the soy milk, and if using, raisins or chocolate chips, and mix to form a loose, sticky dough. Add the lemonade, coconut cream and apple cider vinegar.