Extra blueberry muffins. The batter is extremely thick and a pleasure to work with. I made these and "The best of the best blueberry muffins" on the same day and almost identical in flavour. However, the "to die for blueberry muffins" recipe had a thicker batter resulting in rounded muffin tops.
This process allows more air into the mixture and makes the blueberry muffins extra fluffy. Once that is mixed, gently pour in the blueberries and coat them with flour. These extra large muffins are bursting with plenty of blueberries, have soft and moist centers, and big muffin tops. You can have Extra blueberry muffins using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Extra blueberry muffins
- You need of butter.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of eggs.
- Prepare of light brown sugar.
- You need of blueberry juice (optional).
- Prepare of milk.
- It’s of organic blueberries.
- Prepare of flour.
- It’s of baking powder.
- It’s of cold water.
- Prepare of cinnamon.
- Prepare of Organic blueberry powder to dust (optional).
How to Make Blueberry Muffins From Scratch In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, and salt and whisk until combined. In a separate large bowl, whisk egg until light in color, then add granulated sugar and whisk vigorously until thick. Slowly add melted butter to the egg-sugar mixture, followed by the vanilla and sour cream. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Extra blueberry muffins step by step
- Melt butter in a sauce pan and let simmer till brown (needs to be brown).
- Mix all wet ingredients besides milk together till combines. It should smell delicious and the batter should look almost like a cookie dough.(sugars are wet ingredients).
- Sift all dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and combine..
- Let batter sit for a couple minutes while you preheat your oven to 350°F and lightly grease a muffin tin..
- Add milk to batter and mix till combines with a spatula then scoop 1tbs of the batter into each slot of the muffin tin. Put it into the oven and cook for 18 minutes exactly..
- Once cooled feel free to add organic blueberry powder to top it off..
The main cause of dry, hard muffins is over-mixing the batter and overcooking the muffins. You can use all-purpose flour in place of the wheat flour if desired. This is our favorite blueberry muffins recipe! They're extra buttery, soft, and moist. For that bakery style goodness, top with cinnamon brown sugar streusel.