Chocolate Cupcakes. A delicious gluten free cupcake recipe using rice and millet flour. The millet lends a bit of a cornbread taste to it. Into a medium bowl, sift together cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture in two batches, alternating with sour cream and beginning and ending with flour. Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. You can have Chocolate Cupcakes using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Cupcakes
- It’s 4 of tbps unsalted butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch process).
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/8 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- You need 1/4 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Chocolate Cupcakes and Peanut Butter Icing. Mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a stand mixer using a low speed until combined. Add eggs, buttermilk, warm water, oil, and vanilla.
Chocolate Cupcakes step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper or foil liners..
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter with the vegetable oil and water over low heat..
- In a large bowl, sift the flour with the sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add the melted butter mixture and beat with a handheld mixer at low speed until smooth. Add the egg and beat until incorporated, then add the buttermilk and vanilla and beat until smooth, scraping the bottom and side of the bowl. Pour the batter into the lined muffin tins, filling them about three-fourths full..
- Bake the cupcakes in the center of the oven for about 25 minutes, until springy and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..
- Let the cupcakes cool slightly, then transfer them to a rack to cool completely. Frost and top the cupcakes as desired. (See recipes for Chocolate Frosting, Marshmallow Frosting or White Buttercream Frosting.).
Beat on a medium speed until smooth. These super moist chocolate cupcakes pack TONS of chocolate flavor in each cupcake wrapper! Made from simple everyday ingredients, this easy cupcake recipe will be your new favorite. For best results, use natural cocoa powder and buttermilk. These chocolate cupcakes taste completely over-the-top with chocolate buttercream!