Lemon blueberry scones 🍋.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, lemon blueberry scones 🍋. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Lemon blueberry scones 🍋 is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They are nice and they look wonderful. Lemon blueberry scones 🍋 is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have lemon blueberry scones 🍋 using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Lemon blueberry scones 🍋:
- Prepare 2 c. of All-purpose flour.
- Make ready 6 T. of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 T. of Fresh lemon zest (about one lemon).
- Get 2 of & 1/2 t. Baking powder.
- Make ready 1/2 t. of Salt.
- Get 1/2 c. of Unsalted butter, frozen.
- Make ready 1/2 c. of Heavy cream (add, 2T. for brushing) see last step for sub.
- Get 1 of large egg.
- Make ready 1 of & 1/2 t. Vanilla.
- Prepare 1 of heaping cup blueberries (if frozen, don't thaw).
- Get of Lemon Icing.
- Get 1 c. of Powdered sugar.
- Make ready 3 T. of Lemon juice.
Steps to make Lemon blueberry scones 🍋:
- Whisk flour, sugar, lemon zest, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Grate the frozen butter using a box grater. Add it to the flour mixture and combine with a pastry cutter, two forks, or your fingers until the mixture comes together in pea-sized crumbs. See video above for a closer look at the texture. Place in the refrigerator or freezer as you mix the wet ingredients together..
- Whisk 1/2 cup heavy cream, the egg, and vanilla extract together in a small bowl. Drizzle over the flour mixture, add the blueberries, then mix together until everything appears moistened..
- Pour onto the counter and, with floured hands, work dough into a ball as best you can. Dough will be sticky. If it’s too sticky, add a little more flour. If it seems too dry, add 1-2 more Tablespoons heavy cream. Press into an 8-inch disc and, with a sharp knife or bench scraper, cut into 8 wedges..
- Brush scones with remaining heavy cream and for extra crunch, sprinkle with coarse sugar. (You can do this before or after refrigerating in the next step.).
- Place scones on a plate or lined baking sheet (if your fridge has space!) and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.—you can skip this, but it helps scones to hold form..
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. After refrigerating, arrange scones 2-3 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet(s)..
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until golden brown around the edges and lightly browned on top. Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes before topping with lemon icing..
- Make the icing: Whisk the icing ingredients together. Drizzle over warm scones..
- Leftover iced or un-iced scones keep well at room temperature for 2 days or in the refrigerator for 5 days..
- Instead of 1/2c heavy cream, you can use 1/4c Greek yogurt, 2T water, and 2T melted butter OR 1/4c yogurt and 1/4c milk.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food lemon blueberry scones 🍋 recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!