Breakfast fig scone wedges. Fold in the figs, Parmesan, caramelized onions and thyme. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine rice flour, oats, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
Place the wedges onto the prepared baking sheet. Let cool on baking sheet for a minute or so, then transfer onto a wire rack. Brush the tops lightly with the yolk mixture. You can cook Breakfast fig scone wedges using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Breakfast fig scone wedges
- It’s 720 g of all-purpose flour.
- You need 80 g of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s pinch of salt.
- Prepare 180 g of butter softened.
- You need of zest of an orange.
- Prepare 240 ml of buttermilk.
- Prepare 180 g of dried figs, chopped.
- It’s of For the glaze:.
- It’s 2 tbsp of icing sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tbsp of double cream.
Sprinkle each wedge with sliced almonds. Place scones on prepared baking sheet. Brush the tops with a bit of heavy cream and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Brush each scone lightly with heavy cream, and sprinkle with a pinch of sugar.
Breakfast fig scone wedges step by step
- In a large bowl stir flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. then add butter and beat with an electric mixer until combined..
- Chop figs into small pieces, add butter to the dry ingredients, mix in figs, orange zest and buttermilk..
- On a lightly floured board form the dough into a ball and divide in half. Roll them into circles (approx 2.5- 3 cm thick) then cut into 8 wedges..
- Preheat oven to 200 c and bake for 15 minutes. Mix glaze ingredients and brush each scones generously..
Place scones on prepared baking sheet. Brush the tops with a bit of heavy cream and sprinkle with granulated sugar. While scones are still hot, sprinkle again with coarse sugar for extra crunchiness or drizzle maple syrup on top. Make the egg wash by whisking together the egg yolk and heavy cream then brush egg wash over the tops of the unbaked scones. Sprinkle with coarse sugar if desired.