Soft tea scones. Mix your yeast and Milk, stir briefly. Add in your melted margarine the sugar. Put in your flour as you mix and make dough that is not sticky..
Be sure not to twist the cutter. Press down firmly in one push. Place the scones onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or silicone mat. You can have Soft tea scones using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Soft tea scones
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- You need of Milk.
- You need of Instant yeast.
- It’s of melted butter or margarine.
- It’s of sugar.
Place scones on the tray so they're just touching each other. Brush the top of the scones with a little milk. These scones are my take on what a soft english scone tastes like. It's not that I have a ton of experience with english scones, this purely comes from a day of afternoon tea at the cutest little English tea room.
Soft tea scones step by step
- Mix your yeast and Milk, stir briefly.
- Add in your melted margarine the sugar.
- Put in your flour as you mix and make dough that is not sticky. Set the dough apart covered for 1 hr it will have doubled in size by then..
- Take your dough and cut in equal parts and set them in your baking tray/dish. Cover them for another 30 mins to 1 hr brush them with milk on top or egg to give a brown look when ready.
- Put in the oven for 25 mins at 180 degrees.
We had English scones and apparently they are more like a biscuit. Prepare to Bake the Afternoon Tea Scones Place on silicone baking mat or parchment lined baking tray. Gently knead scraps together and repeat until dough is finished, (make a "runt" with the remaining little bit of dough). Don't worry about cracks and imperfections in your scones. These scones couldn't be more basic — or more delicious.