Tea scones. Moist, tangy, sweet blueberry scones are a popular tea room treat. Add lemon zest to the batter to make the flavor of blueberries sing. Pat into circles, cut into wedges, chill, bake — and enjoy ultra-tender, warm "cream tea" scones, perfect with butter and fresh preserves.
I don't mean currant scones, or orange cranberry scones. Sprinkle baking sheet lightly with flour. Add butter and rub in with fingertips until mixture. You can cook Tea scones using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tea scones
- It’s of Flour.
- You need of Margarine.
- It’s of Sugar.
- You need of Baking Powder.
- Prepare of tbsn Milk.
- Prepare of egg.
Scones are a traditional British baked good that is lightly sweetened and pairs well with a warm drink like hot tea. At Panera, our freshly baked scones are made with a cream-based recipe, and mixed by hand for a delicate crumb. Be sure not to twist the cutter. Press down firmly in one push.
Tea scones step by step
- Measure all the ingredients.
- Sift flour and baking powder and rub in margarine till it gets sanduly texture.
- Make a well in the middle and sugar dissolved in egg and milk.Mix with a spatula/ mwiko until it gets together then transfer onto a flat surface..
- Knead it shortly and roll it over about 1/2 inch.Use a round cookie cutter/ a small cup and arrange them on a baking tray..
- Milk wash it and bake for 20-30mins at 180 degrees..
- Do not overwork the dough..
Place the scones onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or silicone mat. Empress Tea Scones These Empress tea scones are truly the best scones you'll ever taste. Based on the recipe from the famous Fairmont Empress Hotel in Victoria, BC Canada. Afternoon Tea Scones "Your guests will love these scones served with butter, jam or jelly," suggests Ruth Ann Stelfox of Raymond, Alberta. "Or try them as an addition to a weeknight meal. Your family's eyes will light up when they see a plate of them on the table." At an afternoon tea, the scone course is the second course, after the tea sandwiches and before the sweets.