Whole Wheat Vanilla Cake with Chocolate Frosting. Great recipe for Whole Wheat Vanilla Cake with Chocolate Frosting. I have switched all my flour to whole wheat flour and it has become my all-purpose flour. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and mix well.
In a large bowl whisk together dry ingredients including flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar and salt. Make a well (hole) in the middle of the dry ingredients and drop in the water, eggs, oil, and vanilla. Mix by hand with whisk until well blended. You can have Whole Wheat Vanilla Cake with Chocolate Frosting using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Vanilla Cake with Chocolate Frosting
- It’s of whole wheat flour.
- You need of sugar.
- It’s of baking powder.
- Prepare of baking soda.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of butter (Unsalted).
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- You need of eggs.
- You need of buttermilk or heavy cream.
- Prepare of apple cider vinegar (to activate the baking soda).
- You need of Chocolate Frosting.
- Prepare of butter (unsalted).
- You need of powder sugar.
- It’s of cocoa powder.
- Prepare of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- It’s of coffee espresso (for richer flavor – optional).
Now add the vanilla essence and mix well. Gently fold in the mixture until the flour is fully mixed with the butter, sugar and eggs. Grease and eight inch round or square cake tin with butter and dust it with flour. Sieve the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking agents very well.
Whole Wheat Vanilla Cake with Chocolate Frosting step by step
- Mix: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix: butter with sugar. Add one egg at a time. Add heavy cream, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar until smooth and all combined.
- Add butter and egg mixture to the flour mixture. Mix until all combined and not over mix..
- Prepare an 8 inch pan. Add batter. Bake at 350 f for 30 to 45 mins, depending on your oven temp..
- Chocolate frosting.
- Mix all ingredients on high speed. Until smooth. Use when cake has cooled down..
Whisk cocoa, flour, baking soda and baking powder into a bowl In a large bowl, beat olive oil and sugar until the mixture is light and pale. Add eggs, one at a time and mix well after each addition Beat in the vailla. Whole Food Plant-Based Vanilla Cake & Frosting! Combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder in a medium size mixing bowl. Mix curd and oil in another large bowl and whisk to form a homogenous mixture.