Scones/Buns. Add sugar, yeast, milk,margarine and salt in a bowl and give it a good mix. Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix well.
Rock Cakes or Rock Buns are little fruit cakes with a rough surface, they are often eaten on their own. Scones are smoother and more evenly shaped often without fruit, they are generally eaten sliced in two, and severed with fresh cream and jam. Scones are often called biscuits outside the UK. You can cook Scones/Buns using 5 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Scones/Buns
- Prepare 4 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 3 tbs of sugar.
- You need 2 tbs of yeast.
- You need 2 tbs of margarine.
- You need 1 cup of lukewarm milk.
How long will Traditional Rock Cakes Keep? Little "apple pie" bites that are quick and easy to make thanks to refrigerated biscuit dough. A terrific treat for guests that drop in unexpectedly. Simple to make, these satisfying scones are flavored with dried cherries and almond extract.
- Add sugar, yeast, milk,margarine and salt in a bowl and give it a good mix. Let the mixture sit for 5mins so that the yeast activates.
- Add the mixture to flour and mix well.
- Knead for about 10mins,cover and let it rest for 1hr or until it doubles in size.
- Grease your baking sufuria.
- Cut the dough into pieces and mould them to balls.
- Arrange them on the greased sufuria, cover and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Put salt on a big sufuria and preheat for 10 minutes.
- Put the sufuria with buns/scones and cover with a lid.
- Put hot charcoal on top.
- Bake for 30minutes.
- Brush with margarine after removing them from the jiko oven so as to soften them.
This recipe makes three pans, so you'll have extra buns to share with friends. Divide dough into three equal-sized balls. Place onto a greased baking sheet, and flatten lightly. Let the scones barely touch each other. Gingerbread is a flavor that works with all sorts of delicious holiday baked goods.