Raspberry Jam. Directions Toss the raspberries, sugar and lemon zest and juice in a medium saucepan to combine, then mash slightly to release some of the berry juice. Mix raspberries, sugar, lemon peel and lemon juice in large bowl. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine raspberries, sugar, and lemon juice.
Classic Raspberry Jam is perfect spread on everything from morning toast to peanut butter sandwiches. It's not as challenging as you might guess to can homemade Raspberry Jam! Source: Better Homes and Gardens Use a very large pot. You can cook Raspberry Jam using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Raspberry Jam
- You need of raspberry.
- Prepare of white sugar.
- You need of lemon juice.
When the jam reaches a full rolling boil it will double in volume. Heat mashed berries until they reach a full rolling boil. Bring raspberries to a boil in a very large pot. Add sugar and lemon juice; stir well.
Raspberry Jam instructions
- Rinse the raspberries and pat dry with kitchen paper..
- In a pot, combine the raspberries and sugar and let it rest for ~1 hour. This allows the raspberry juice to seep out..
- Add the lemon juice and simmer the mixture on medium heat for about 20 minutes. Make sure to skim the foam if any starts forming..
- Then, set the fire in high heat and simmer for 1~2 minutes, making sure to keep mixing to not burn the jam..
- Place a jar and lid in a deep pot and fill it with water, enough to cover the jar and lid. Then, bring the water to a boil to disinfect the glassware and pat dry with a cloth..
- Pour the jam into the jar while it’s still hot, then close the lid, turn it upside down, and let it cool..
Bring back to a boil, stirring constantly. When you have a bumper crop of homegrown raspberries, try making this jam with them. Raspberries have such a short shelf life, and they are rather delicate, so jam is a good use for them. If you don't have a garden full of berries, fresh from the market or frozen raspberries will do just as well. Old-Fashioned Raspberry Jam The intense raspberry flavor of this jam makes it a longtime favorite.