Garlicky Vegetable Pasta.
You can cook Garlicky Vegetable Pasta using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Garlicky Vegetable Pasta
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen peas.
- It’s 6 oz of cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare 5 of garlic cloves (divided).
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (divided).
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of zucchini.
- It’s 1 pound of asparagus.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 pound of spaghetti, linguine or bucatini.
- It’s of Fresh chives.
- You need 1 of lemon.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated Pecorino Romano cheese (divided).
- It’s of Fresh mint.
Garlicky Vegetable Pasta step by step
- Bring 4 quarts of water to boil in a large pot..
- Meanwhile, prep the vegetables: a) bring peas to room temperature; b) cut tomatoes in half; c) mince one of the garlic cloves and thinly slice the remaining four cloves; d) toss one tablespoon oil, the halved tomatoes, minced garlic, a quarter teaspoon of salt, and a quarter teaspoon pepper together in bowl; set aside; e) cut zucchini in half lengthwise, then cut into quarter inch thick slices; f) trim asparagus, then cut on bias into 1 inch lengths..
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium low heat until shimmering. Add the pepper flakes, sliced garlic, zucchini and 1/2 teaspoon of salt, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally until zucchini softens and breaks down 10 to 15 minutes..
- While the zucchini is cooking, add pasta and 1 tbsp of salt to the boiling water and cook, stirring often, until al dente. Reserve half a cup of cooking water, then drain pasta and return it to the pot..
- While the pasta cooks, mince 1/4 cup of chives. Squeeze 1 tbsp lemon juice. Chop 2 tablespoons of mint..
- Add the peas, asparagus, and 3/4 cup water into skillet with zucchini. Stir to combine and bring to simmer over medium-high heat. Cover and cook until asparagus is crisp tender, about 2 minutes..
- Add the remaining two tablespoons of oil, the vegetable mixture, chives, and lemon juice to pasta and toss to combine. Adjust consistency with reserved cooking water as needed. Transfer to serving bowl, sprinkle with a quarter cup pecarino, and drizzle with extra oil to taste. Spoon the marinated tomatoes and their juices over the top and sprinkle with mint. Serve with remaining quarter cup pecorino for individual sprinkling as desired. Enjoy!.