Mini Spinach Pies. Cook frozen spinach in a little water for eight minutes. In a medium sauté pan, heat the oil and sauté the shallot until softened. In a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
To prepare filling, place spinach in a large skillet or Dutch oven. Place over medium heat; cook until spinach wilts. Place the spinach mixture in a colander, pressing until barely moist. You can cook Mini Spinach Pies using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mini Spinach Pies
- You need of Pillsberry Uncut Croissant rolls.
- It’s of Italian sausage.
- It’s of eggs.
- It’s of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained (needs to be squeezed dry).
- It’s of mozzarella cheese, shredded (not the pre-shredded kind, we know you were thinking it).
- You need of 2% milk.
- You need of 4% cottage cheese.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- It’s of garlic powder.
These Mini Spinach Feta Pies are SO easy to make- much easier than traditional Greek Spanakopita- but with all the same delicious, savory taste. They're perfectly portioned into individual servings since they're made in a muffin pan, and they can even be made in a mini muffin pan for an impressive and tasty vegetarian appetizer. Cook onion, green onions and parsley in butter, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
Mini Spinach Pies instructions
- Cook and break apart sausage to a crumble. Drain grease and set aside over a paper towel..
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs. Add spinach, cheese, milk, cottage cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, mix together. Mix in sausage..
- Layout croissant dough and cut into 48 squares *Pro-Tip 2 4×6 * Grease pan and stretch out the dough a little and place it into each cup. Fill all the cups and fill with mixture..
- Bake 350 degrees for 18 minutes or until golden brown..
These little pies filled with spinach are a Lebanese favorite. They're also wonderful with classic fillings like spiced meat or squash. Fatayar freezes well in a ziplock freezer bag and can be reheated from frozen, or simply thaw to room temperature and eat. Serve fatayar warm or room temperature as an appetizer, or for a meal with a salad. Chop the spinach and transfer it to a medium bowl.