Donut Apples. Life Is A Little Sweeter With Entenmann's® Delicious Apple Cider Donuts. Cut out the gluten and use apples with a cream cheese spread for a better-for-you treat we can all. Donut apples are a cored and sliced apple snack with a variety of nut spreads and toppings for a healthy snack option fit for kids and adults.
Donut Apples But if you are at home, here's a fun, simple, no-bake snack you can make: "donut" apples! The combination of apples + protein-rich toppings like nut butter or Greek yogurt will leave you satisfied. And sprinkling on some additional toppings is not only fun but also makes them even tastier, not to mention adorable! You can cook Donut Apples using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Donut Apples
- Prepare of large apples.
- It’s of preferred nut butter or cream cheese.
- It’s of Topping (all optional).
- You need of Fresh blueberries.
- Prepare of Raisins.
- It’s of Brown sugar.
- It’s of Cinnamon.
- Prepare of Sprinkles.
- It’s of Chocolate chips.
- You need of Chopped nuts.
Slice the top and bottom from each apple and discard. Use a biscuit cutter or small melon baller to cut a hole in the center of each to make a "donut." Put. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a large bowl; mix together with a fork until combined. Add shortening and mix with the fork until broken up into small clumps.
Donut Apples instructions
- Cut apples crosswise 2 to 3 slices each depending on the size of the apple slice about 1/4 inch thick discard ends use a spoon to remove the Core of each slice and discard core use a paper towel and pat dry the top of each slice Apple.
- Smear 1 tablespoon of nut butter or cream cheese on each slice then add your preferred toppings.
Each "fritter" contains about one whole apple. There's just enough batter to hold the apples together so the great apple flavor really shines through. Any good eating apple will do for these apple donuts. Of course, the flavor is dependent on the type of apple you use. Toss in sugar, cornstarch and apple pie spice.