[Egg- and Gluten-Free] Scones. Brush the tops of the scones with heavy whipping cream. In a large bowl, combine the tapioca starch, sorghum flour, brown rice flour, sugar, baking powder, xanthan gum, sea salt, and baking soda. In a large bowl, whisk/stir together the gluten-free flour, xanthan gum (if using), granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cut in coconut oil using a pastry cutter. Continue until coconut oil is evenly mixed into flour mixture. You can have [Egg- and Gluten-Free] Scones using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of [Egg- and Gluten-Free] Scones
- It’s 220 grams of Soy and rice flour blend.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 40 grams of Butter or margarine.
- It’s 100 ml of Milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of ★ Rum-soaked raisins.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ★ Honey.
- It’s 1 of enough to cover the raisins ★ Water.
Pour in coconut milk and stir until just combined. Set aside while you make the scone mix. Add the butter and sugar to a large mixing bowl and sift in the gluten free flour, baking powder and xantham gum. Using your fingers, rub the mix together until it resembles breadcrumbs.
[Egg- and Gluten-Free] Scones step by step
- Put the ★ ingredients in a pot and heat (to evaporate the alcohol and soften the raisins)..
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl, then knead in the butter..
- Add the milk and the ★ ingredients, then bring the dough together into a ball..
- Divide into portions of your desired size (I made mine into small onigiri-like triangles)..
- Bake for 20 minutes at 200℃..
Brush the tops of the scones with beaten egg (or with an almond milk wash if you are egg free, or have followed this as a vegan recipe using dairy free milk and hard margarine). Too little egg and the scones won't hold together; too much and they'll be too spongey. You have a little wiggle room, just use enough to hold the batter together. Almond flour is a great gluten-free, high-protein alternative to regular wheat flour. This is the best basic, gluten-free scone recipe.