Orange and chocolate cupcakes. Add butter and pulse until combined. In a mixing bowl, combine your cocoa powder, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside. In another bowl mix together your milk, oil, egg, and vanilla.
I made the cupcake sponge by mixing together butter and sugar, whisking in eggs and orange extract, then whisking in self rasing flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Remove the cupcakes from the pan. You can have Orange and chocolate cupcakes using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Orange and chocolate cupcakes
- You need 135 gms of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 110 gms of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of soda bicarbonate.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 25 gms of brown sugar.
- Prepare 100 gms of sugar.
- Prepare 15 gms of cocoa powder.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 Orange of Zest.
- You need 1.5 tbsp of orange juice.
- It’s For of Orange buttercream-.
- Prepare 150 gms of icing sugar.
- Prepare 200 gms of soft butter.
- You need 1 orange of Zest.
- Prepare 1 tsp of orange juice.
- Prepare 10 gms of orange chocolate (grated for garnishing).
To make the frosting, melt the chocolate in a double-boiler or in the microwave and let cool to room temperature. Directions In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, orange zest and vanilla; gradually add orange juice until blended. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
Orange and chocolate cupcakes instructions
- Grind white sugar and brown sugar together in a mixer jar. Grind to a fine powder..
- In a large bowl add soft butter (butter should not be too soft as u can see it oily and shiny). Just soft to touch. Sieve all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder)together. Add these dry ingredients to the butter bowl. Then add the eggs and beat for 1 minute. Use an electric hand beater..
- Then add the orange zest and orange juice and mix for another 1 min. The cupcake batter is ready. Line all the cupcake moulds with the cupcake liners. Add the batter to the liners till 3/4 filled. Bake at 170°c for 20 mins. Check with a toothpick..
- Take out the cupcakes from the moulds immediately on a cooling rack and let it cool. The cupcakes should be completely cooled before using butter cream..
- Buttercream: Beat butter for 5 mins till it is soft and pale. (Remember that u should start with soft butter and not oily butter). Sieve the icing sugar to remove lumps if any. Add this to the beaten butter in 2 batches. Beat for another 5 mins till it forms stiff peaks. Add orange zest and orange juice and then beat for another 1 min. Buttercream is ready..
- Pipe the buttercream in a piping bag and decorate the cupcakes according to your choice. Garnish with some grated orange chocolates. Serve for any occasion or party or eat it just like that..
Fluffy and moist Chocolate Orange Cupcakes topped with a rich whipped chocolate ganache frosting. A combination of orange extract, orange zest and two kinds of chocolate make these cupcakes extra flavorful and delicious! These chocolate orange cupcakes use pretty much every part of an orange! The cupcake batter is made with orange juice and orange zest, and the top is even decorated with orange peel spirals! But the real secret to getting that amazing orange flavor into these cupcakes is using an orange emulsion.