Blueberry Scones*. I have not made this recipe, but it is somewhat similar to a Blueberry Scone recipe I already make. Some reviewers have complained about the dough being too soft. Blueberry Scones These tender scones feature fresh blueberries, which leak rivulets of purple-blue juice into the dough around them as they bake, making for an especially enticing presentation.
In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, cut in butter until largest pieces are the size of peas. You can cook Blueberry Scones* using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Blueberry Scones*
- You need of flour.
- Prepare of sugar.
- You need of baking powder.
- Prepare of heavy cream.
- You need of washed fresh blueberrys.
- Prepare of egg.
- Prepare of Orange zest.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of cold unsalted diced butter.
Stir in blueberries and lemon zest. Blueberry scones are a quick and easy breakfast pastry recipe. Since there's no yeast, they go from the mixing bowl to the oven relatively quickly. First, mix the dry ingredients together.
Blueberry Scones* instructions
- preheat oven to 400 & paperline a baking sheet.
- add flour, sugar, salt & baking powder to a bowl give a quick mix.Now add in cold butter you can use a fork to cut it in or a pastry cutter, or you hands, now add in your lighly beaten egg and milk mixture to dry ingredients, & orange zest, incorporate but dont over work.Add in blueberrys and gently in corporate.(Do not over work dough).
- add dough to floured surface and gently roll out dough leaving it nice n thick.cut into triangles or any shape desired. sprinkle tops with sugar & Bake 20-25 minutes ENJOY!.
- you can also substitute any kind of fruit. I've used peaches, apples canned pears & frozen well drained fruit..
You need flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Using a pastry cutter or two knives, cut in butter until the largest pieces are the size of peas. Using a fork, whisk together cream and egg in a liquid measuring cup. These blueberry scones are buttery, moist and loaded with pockets of jammy blueberries. They are beautifully golden and crunchy on the outside and topped with a sweet vanilla glaze.