Blueberry Muffins. However, the "to die for blueberry muffins" recipe had a thicker batter resulting in rounded muffin tops. Blueberry muffins with the hearty flavor of cornmeal. I'm happy to share my recipe with you.
Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and with a spatula, stir until just combined. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. You can cook Blueberry Muffins using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Blueberry Muffins
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of All-purpose flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of Sugar plus 1tbsp sugar for sprinkling on top.
- It’s 1 cup of curd.
- It’s 1/2 cup of plus 1 tbsp flavorless oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Baking soda.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s of Zest of one lemon (optional).
- It’s 1 cup of blueberries.
- You need 1 of egg.
Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Fold in the remaining whole berries. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
Blueberry Muffins step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C..
- In a large bowl, mix the curd and sugar until the sugar slightly dissolves. Add the baking powder and baking soda and let it rest for about 2 minutes as the mixture turns frothy..
- Next, add the oil and lemon juice. Add the sieved flour and mix well but do not overmix..
- Fold in the blueberries gently, you do not want to crush them. Leave a few blueberries to be added on top of the batter..
- Line the muffin tray with paper liners and pour the batter upto ¾th of the liner. Add the remaining blueberries and sprinkle with the sugar..
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean..
- Notes:- blueberries should be tossed in flour.
Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Toss the berries with flour Place the blueberries in a bowl. Blueberry muffins are a breakfast staple in most homes. This recipe from "Martha's Entertaining" features two options to finish: make a crumb topping, or sprinkle granulated sugar and freshly grated mace over the batter just before baking. Since the muffins are full of juicy blueberries, they stay moist for days.