Holiday Hush Puppies.
You can cook Holiday Hush Puppies using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Holiday Hush Puppies
- Prepare 1 cup of self rising cornmeal.
- Prepare 1 cup of self rising flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 of onion diced fine.
- Prepare 2-3 of green onion chopped fine.
- It’s 1/2 cup of total red and green bell pepper diced fine.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheese of your choice.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- You need Dash of cayanne pepper (optional).
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk.
Holiday Hush Puppies instructions
- Mix the cornmeal, flour, salt, sugar,cheese and powders until combined..
- Beat egg and add to bowl with meal mixture..
- Add your onions and bell pepper and mix well..
- Heat your oil to 350 degrees in deep pan or fryer. When oil is almost to tempreture, add buttermilk to dry ingredients..
- Stir gently and fold. Do not overmix. Fold just until well combined..
- When oil reaches 350, drop by spoonfuls into hot oil. Don't overcrowd..
- Stir the hushpuppies flipping them over until golden brown on all sides..
- Drain on paper towels. Serve hot or warm..
- Notes """.
- Any seasoning, cheese or add in you like you can substitute in this. Some ideas are bacon cheddar, jalapenos, pepper jack, mozarella. The possibilities are endless. I hope you enjoy 😘.
- Add the buttermilk right before oil is hot enough to start dropping batter in. If you mix it in to soon, it activates the levening and you want to do that with the hot oil not buttermilk. These are so light and fluffy if you do this step..