Orange Spiced Cupcakes. Add spice cake mix to a large mixing bowl. Add orange juice, oil, eggs, ginger, and orange zest and mix just until combined. Scoop batter into prepared cupcake pan (either spray cupcake pan with non-stick spray or use cupcake liners).
All finished off with cream cheese frosting and sprinkles! In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixture to cream together brown sugar, butter and orange zest until light and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. You can have Orange Spiced Cupcakes using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Orange Spiced Cupcakes
- Prepare 150 g of gluten free flour.
- It’s 150 g of caster sugar.
- It’s 150 g of dairy free spread.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare of Zest of one orange.
In a separate bowl, measure flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Combine organge juice, molasses/sorghum, orange zest, orange extract, oil and egg; add to dry ingredients and stir until moistened. In another bowl, combine sour cream, orange juice, eggs, & flavorings and zest.
Orange Spiced Cupcakes step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180 oC.
- Beat together the dairy free spread and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Stir in the flour, cinnamon, ginger and orange zest.
- Divide between 9 muffins cases and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Make the frosting by beating together the dairy free spread and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- Pipe onto the cupcakes.
- Decorate with orange zest and ground cinnamon.
In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Combine the orange juice, molasses, oil and egg; add to dry ingredients and stir just until combined. In a medium bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. In another bowl, add the buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.