To Serve At Dinnertime: Okara Scones With Cheese. Great recipe for To Serve At Dinnertime: Okara Scones With Cheese. I adapted my plain sconesthrough several experiments, to come up with scones that could be eaten as-is. Since the cheese adds fat and calories, I adjusted the amount of butter used.
Add the sugar to the liquid (egg + soy milk) and mix well. Mix the ＊ floury ingredients together with a whisk. You can use a scraper, etc to cut into your desired shapes. You can have To Serve At Dinnertime: Okara Scones With Cheese using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of To Serve At Dinnertime: Okara Scones With Cheese
- You need 70 grams of Fresh okara.
- It’s 25 grams of ＊Cake flour.
- You need 100 grams of ＊Bread (strong) flour.
- It’s 5 grams of ＊Grated cheese.
- Prepare 5 grams of ＊Baking powder.
- It’s 20 grams of Butter.
- It’s 50 grams of △Egg.
- You need 20 grams of △Sugar (Use raw cane sugar).
- Prepare 40 of to 50 grams ※ 90 to 100 grams combined with with the egg △Soy milk.
- It’s 20 of to 25 grams Processed cheese (I used Cheddar).
It'll be hot and soft in the middle. Put them into a plastic bag with the egg. Mix and massage the dough over the bag until it comes together. You can also add mixed nuts, black sesame seeds, or mixed cheese if you'd like.
To Serve At Dinnertime: Okara Scones With Cheese step by step
- Cut the butter into 1 cm cubes, and chill it well..
- Sift the ＊ floury ingredients and combine with the fresh okara. Mix well until there are are no more lumps of okara using a whisk..
- Combine the △ ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well..
- Put the butter and the Step 2 mixture in a food processor. Process until it's all mixed together..
- Add the Step 3 liquid, and pulse several times to mix. ※ Until it comes together in one mass..
- Wrap the dough in plastic, and let rest in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. In the meantime, cut the cheese into 0.5 cm cubes..
- Roll the dough out with a rolling pin on top of a sheet of plastic wrap. Roll in both directions and fold the dough. Repeat this 2 times. ※ If you have a wooden rolling pin, the dough is easier to roll if you cover the pin with plastic wrap..
- Top with the cheese, and roll the dough out in both directions again and fold 2 more times. Roll out into a 2cm thick rectangle..
- Cut in any shape you like. Bake in a preheated 190 °C oven for 20 to 25 minutes..
- To watch out for when cutting the dough: If the cheese peeks out from the sides it will melt out while baking, and the scones won't look so nice..
- Here I tried cutting the dough out with a 5cm circular cutter. These baked very evenly..
- If you prefer sweet scones that are best suited for snack time, see- "Easy Fluffy Crispy ♪Okara Scones with Jam https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/144953-soft-crispy-made-with-jam-okara-scones.
Make sure scones are well spaced on baking sheet, at least a couple of inches apart. I wanted to make something tasty using okara, so I came up with this. Whether you can stick to your diet or not when eating these depends on your appetite! If the okara has a low water content, add water, if it has a high water content add flour. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper.