Low fat blueberry scones. If you would like lemon blueberry scones, add in a little lemon zest. You could also try orange zest. If you don't have buttermilk, use plain yogurt mixed with a bit of milk to thin it down.
Low-Fat Blueberry Scones From Dan Mikesell AKA DrDan These almost zero-fat blueberry scones are packed with juicy blueberries, topped with a bit of sugar, and are the perfect sweet breakfast or brunch treat. DIRECTIONS NOTE: I make these scones using the "Bisquick Heart Healthy" lower fat product, but the nutrition content stated is for Standard Bisquick. In a large bowl, gently toss Bisquick Mix, sugar and blueberries. You can have Low fat blueberry scones using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Low fat blueberry scones
- It’s 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2.25 teaspoons of sugar (I used maple sugar).
- You need 1/3 cup of non fat yoghurt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen).
- It’s 3/4 teaspoons of sugar (for topping).
Healthy low fat scones that are tender and delicious! Studded with blueberries and flavored with just a touch of lemon zest, these are delicious! Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender or two knives until it resembles a coarse crumbs.
Low fat blueberry scones step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 F (conventional oven)..
- Mix dry ingredients..
- Mix wet ingredients into dry and stir to incorporate..
- Fold blueberries into dough..
- Flour a silicone baking mat, add dough, and separate into two portions. Add some flour on top of dough if the dough is too wet. Slightly flatten and dust with remaining sugar..
- Bake about 16-18 minutes or until golden brown..
- Allow to cool, but also excellent served warm..
Stir with a fork until a dough forms. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix in butter until mixture is the size of fine crumbs. Stir in buttermilk and then stir in berries. A very quick and easy recipe with the end product beautiful light scones best eaten straight from the oven.