Vegetable Mint Pulao.
You can cook Vegetable Mint Pulao using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetable Mint Pulao
- Prepare 1 cup of Basmati rice washed and kept aside.
- You need 1 of large onion finely sliced.
- You need 1 of tomato finely chopped.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ginger-garlic chopped.
- It’s 1 of medium sized potato cut to small cubes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of green peas.
- You need 1 tablespoon of chopped carrots.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of desi ghee.
- Prepare 2 inch of cinnamon.
- You need 1 of Bay leaf.
- It’s 1 of black cardamom.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- It’s 2-3 of peppercorns and 2 cloves.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of mint powder.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Prepare of Fresh mint and coriander leaves chopped for ganish.
- It’s 5-6 strands of saffron soaked in warm milk.
Vegetable Mint Pulao instructions
- Heat ghee in a pot. Add cumin seeds, cinnamon stick, peppercorns, cloves, black cardamom, and bay leaf..
- Once the whole spices starts to crackle, add sliced onions. Fry till golden brown..
- Add the chopped vegetables and chopped ginger garlic. Saute well..
- Add chopped tomatoes, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and mint powder. Cook vegetables for 5-6 minutes. Add half of the saffron milk to it..
- Add Basmati rice and mix it well the vegetables..
- Add 1 and a half cup of water and cook rice and vegetables together. Add saffron milk. Keep the strands separate..
- The amount of water to be added in a Pulao or Biryani majorly depends on the quality of rice you are using. Add only that much amount of water in which the rice gets cooked and not overcook or gets mushy..
- Once the rice is cooked, remove it from the flame and add freshly chopped mint and coriander leaves. Serve hot with Boondi raita and pickle..