Tropical Coconut Curry. Great recipe for Tropical Coconut Curry. I love Asian-style cuisine, so I tried my own variation of curry. When making the curry, first add enough water to cover the ingredients, then adjust the amount of water to your preference.
When making the curry, first add enough water to cover the ingredients, then adjust the amount of water to your preference. Tropical Coconut Curry is something which I've loved my whole life. They're fine and they look fantastic. You can cook Tropical Coconut Curry using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tropical Coconut Curry
- You need of Chicken thigh (seasoned with salt and pepper).
- Prepare of Onion.
- You need of Carrot.
- It’s of Japanese type Eggplant.
- It’s of Green bell peppers.
- It’s of Paprika (I used 1/2 a red and 1/2 a yellow).
- It’s of Coconut milk (400 ml).
- You need of Curry roux of your choice (10 pieces).
- You need of Water.
- You need of Soup stock (I used granules).
- It’s of Vegetable oil (as needed).
- Prepare of Salt and pepper (to taste).
Simple, quick, and so Add curry powder, cayenne (or chili pepper), veggie stock, coconut milk, another healthy pinch of salt. Prepare the sauce by heating the canola oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallot, garlic, lemongrass, and ginger and sauté until softened. Add the Thai curry paste and curry powder and stir to combine.
Tropical Coconut Curry step by step
- Skin the chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces, then season with salt and pepper..
- Roughly chop the carrots and cook them in a microwave until tender. Shave off a few strips of the eggplant skin and chop roughly. Thinly slice the onions. Julienne the peppers..
- Heat up a pot, add the vegetable oil, and cook the chicken until browned..
- Stir-fry the onions until translucent..
- Add the eggplant and stir-fry a bit..
- Add enough water to cover the ingredients and add the soup stock granules. Simmer until soft while skimming the surface..
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a boil..
- Turn off the heat, add the curry roux, and let dissolve..
- Once the roux has dissolved, add the carrots and peppers and turn the heat back on..
- Dilute the roux as you like with water and simmer until the peppers are tender..
- Finally, season with salt and pepper to taste..
- I used this coconut milk..
COCONUT CURRY Maya's Aunty's simple and classic recipe turns the local ingredients of South India—coconut milk, ginger, fresh curry leaves—into a heavenly tropical sauce. It's sweet and spicy and exotic—if you like Thai curries you'll love this one. Try our Coconut Curry Baked Fishrecipe. Tropical Curry is not used in any recipes. Heat half a can of coconut milk in a wok or heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat until foaming.