Crockpot salsa chicken. Arrange chicken breast in slow cooker. Sprinkle all over with taco seasoning mix. You don't want to cook it more than that, because it will start falling apart.
Layer diced tomatoes with habaneros, onion, celery, and carrot over the chicken, respectively; top with salsa. Pour water over the entire mixture. Sprinkle with chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and onion powder. You can cook Crockpot salsa chicken using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crockpot salsa chicken
- Prepare 5 lb of chicken (I used skinless thighs but you can use breast).
- It’s 2 tbsp of sazon tropical.
- It’s 2 tbsp of poultry seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of kabob seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of tajin clasico seasoning.
- It’s 1 of large onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of lemon juice (optional).
- You need 10 oz of diced tomatoes & green chilies.
- Prepare 15 oz of chunky salsa.
Top evenly with salsa and green chile peppers. Place first four ingredients in crock pot. To serve, use chicken mixture as filling inside tortillas. How To Cook Crockpot Chicken And Salsa Place boneless chicken breasts on the bottom of the crockpot.
Crockpot salsa chicken step by step
- I wash my chicken with lemon juice but you can wash yours however you like or not. Place chicken in a bowl & combine first 5 ingredients, work into chicken well. At this point you can place directly in crockpot or marinade for about 1 hour (the longer the better).
- After marinade place in crockpot with remaining ingredients on high for 2 hours, you will see chicken start to shred off the bone. I serve this with rice, noodle, baked potatoes or make them as sloppy joes, carnitas, soup or burritos style.
It's okay to leave the skin on for an extra juicy sauce. Sprinkle the taco seasoning mix over the chicken, then top with the salsa. Top with salsa, corn, beans, diced tomatoes and chiles, sugar, salt and pepper. If desired, serve with optional ingredients. Spray a large crockpot with nonstick spray.