tropical shrimp skewers. Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Toss the sweet chili sauce marinade with the shrimp and veggies until everything is coated. Then thread the shrimp, veggies, and pineapple onto the skewers alternating as you go.
Incredibly succulent and appetising with every bite. So easy to make with the minimal preparations required for this recipe. Scrumptious skewers of delicate, tender shrimp, sweet pineapple and crisp green bell pepper served up with a tropical salsa. You can cook tropical shrimp skewers using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of tropical shrimp skewers
- Prepare of shrimp.
- It’s of bell pepper finely chopped.
- It’s of onion finely chopped.
- You need of juice from one orange.
- Prepare of zest from one orange.
- Prepare of coconut powder.
- It’s of zatar seasoning.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- It’s of parsly leaves for garnish.
- You need of wooden skewers.
- It’s of honey.
You will feel like you are on the beach in the Caribbean. This is my final post for BBQ Week. I hope you have enjoyed sharing BBQ Week with us this year. Chop all the vegetables and thread bell peppers, shrimp, onions and pineapple on skewers.
tropical shrimp skewers step by step
- peal and clean shrimp, and set aside..
- get the 6 wooden skewers , and put 5 shrimp on each skewer. lay the skewers down on a pan lined with aluminum foil..
- in a blender put bell pepper, onion, zatar, salt, pepper, and 3 teaspoons of the coconut powder. finely blend it all together..
- rub each side if the shrimp skewers with the mixture..
- in a small bowl , put juice in it from half of an orange, and 1/4 cup of honey. heat the mixture in microwave till honey is melted and can blend easily with the juice. stirr and and spoon over the shrimp..
- take the rest of the coconut powder, and sprinkle over the shrimp..
- sprinkle the zest from half an orange on top of shrimp..
- put in oven and bake at 220°F Celsius. until shrimp turns pink in color. this takes about 10 minutes. not ( it does not take ling to cook shrimp.) ( as soon as it turns pink it is done, if you cook it too long then it will become rubbery).
- after the shrimp are done take them out of oven and put on a plate..
- in a small bowl heat up juice from half an orange and add 1/4 cup of honey. heat in microwave for 5 to 10 seconds..
- drizzle it over the shrimp in the plate , or you can serve it on the side of the shrimp to dip your shrimp in..
- garnish with parsley and zest from half of an orange.
Preheat a grill over medium-high to high heat. Sprinkle finished skewers with lime zest and serve with remaining sauce. Place ingredients on skewers in the following order: shrimp, pepper, onion, shrimp, orange, pineapple, shrimp, pepper, onion, shrimp, orange, pineapple, mushroom cap. On skewers, arrange Shrimp, pineapple chunks, and peppers, alternating them as you go. Place the skewers, basted side down, on the grill.