Banana-gingerbread Cupcakes. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in the mashed bananas, sour cream, and ginger. After a fair amount of experimentation – we've made it: cupcakes, but vegan, with no added sugar & a seriously moist centre.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, yogurt, molasses and vanilla. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. You can have Banana-gingerbread Cupcakes using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Banana-gingerbread Cupcakes
- You need 150 g of plain organic wholemeal flour.
- Prepare 50 g of organic rolled oats.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 80 g of Nutcessity Gingerbread nut butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 2 of large spotty bananas.
- Prepare 175 ml of oat 'milk'.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the mashed banana, molasses, and yogurt. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the flour, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, baking powder, and baking soda together. Grease and flour two loaf pans.
Banana-gingerbread Cupcakes step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius. Obtain large bowl from cupboard. Add bananas and mash well with a fork..
- Add the oat milk (I used organic Oatly – good stuff) and mix well..
- Add the nut butter, and again, mix well..
- Add the spices, baking powder & oats; again, mix well..
- Finally add the flour but don't mix well. Mix with a spatula until you incorporate all the flour – but no more. You'll stop the cake from rising..
- Spoon into 7 cupcake cases (or into a small loaf tin: just add 5 minutes onto the cooking time)..
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out just about clean..
- Eat with gusto..
Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs until combined. Mix in the banana and molasses until completely combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until completely mixed in.