Tokwat Baboy (Tofu and Pork).
You can cook Tokwat Baboy (Tofu and Pork) using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tokwat Baboy (Tofu and Pork)
- Prepare 1 pack of extra firm tofu, pat dry and cut into bite size.
- You need 1 lb of pork cut into bite size.
- Prepare 1 of thumb size ginger, minced fine.
- You need 1/3 cup of vinegar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 4 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 piece of medium size onion chopped.
- You need 1 of large jalapeno or red chili pepper, sliced thin.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped red bell pepper.
- You need of salt and ground pepper to taste.
- You need of cooking oil.
Tokwat Baboy (Tofu and Pork) instructions
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, ginger, onion, bell pepper, salt and ground pepper to taste. Stir well and taste to see if salt or more sugar is needed. Set aside..
- Cut tofu into bite size and deep fry in oil until golden brown and crispy..
- Cut pork into bite size and deep fry in oil until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, combine fried tofu and pork. Pour in vinegar-soy sauce mixture and toss until well combined..
- Top with jalapeno pepper and stir. Best serve with arroz caldo (see my recipe) and/or serve as appetizer. Enjoy!.