spicy chicken parcels. Fold one long edge over the chicken, then bring up the sides and fold over the second long edge to form a neat, tight parcel. Spicy chicken and rice are bundled together in in a lovely crisp parcel of buttery filo pastry in this easy, yet unusual, chicken supper. Slice each chicken breast on the bias, into three or four equally thick pieces.
Learn to make Spicy Chicken Filo Parcels. Mix the chicken, prawns, ginger, garlic, spring onions, chilli, fish sauce, soy sauce, Shaoxing rice wine and groundnut and sesame oils in a bowl or large freezer bag. Add the egg and mix it in, then gradually add the water and knead to form a smooth and soft dough. You can have spicy chicken parcels using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of spicy chicken parcels
- You need of chicken breast.
- It’s of onion.
- Prepare of red sweet pointed pepper.
- Prepare of sweetcorn.
- Prepare of petie pois.
- You need of tomato.
- You need of filo pastry sheets.
- It’s of parsley, mild & medium curry powder, paprika, cumin, tarragon, ground corriander.
- You need of salt & tropical pepper.
- Prepare of egg (whisked).
- Prepare of olive oil.
Sift the flour with the baking powder and salt. Add the egg and mix it in, then gradually add the water and knead to form a smooth and soft dough. Brush the tops of the parcels with the rest off the beaten egg and sprinkle with the poppy seeds. Submit a Recipe Correction Chinese Chicken Parcels – easy and healthy chicken with soy sauce, ginger and garlic.
spicy chicken parcels step by step
- pre heat oven gas mark 7. pre heat frying pan medium heat..
- dice the chicken into very small pieces, put into pre heated pan. chop your onion and pepper finely and add to chicken once browned..
- in a bowl add all your herbs and spices, add olive oil and make a paste. in a separate bowl whisk the egg..
- add paste to the chicken mix stir well. once everything is cooked turn off your heat and allow to cool so its easier to pack your parcels..
- cut your pastry sheet into 8 even squares. make sure to put flour on surface to avoid sticking..
- add chicken mix to centre of your pastry square, fold over and pinch all ends so nothing pours out. once all 8 are done. brush small amount of egg over each one evenly to make golden brown. place on tray which has been brushed with flour to avoid sticking. put in oven for 12-15 mins depending how brown you like them..
- serve with a salad..
Wrap the chicken with aluminum foil, bake and serve with rice. Chicken breast can be tricky to cook – if you're not careful it can turn out quite dry and a bit tough. My chicken parcel is quite the opposite; it's juicy and succulent and bursting with flavour. Combine flour, spice mix and oregano in a shallow dish and season. Toss half the chicken in the flour mixture until coated.