Coconut Lime Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting. For the recipe, I subbed coconut oil for the butter and added shredded coconut, lime zest, and lime juice to the batter. The frosting also showcases coconut oil with some lime juice. If you prefer, toast the coconut for the garnish on these cupcakes.
Great recipe for Coconut Lime Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting. As you might already know, I'm not big on baking from scratch, so I actually like using box mixes and doctoring them. These Coconut Lime Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Frosting are light, fluffy, and scrumptious with a. You can have Coconut Lime Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coconut Lime Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
- It’s 1 box of your favorite white or yellow cake mix.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz.) of can coconut milk (well shaken to incorporate the cream with the liquid).
- You need 2-3 of eggs (depending on what your box mix calls for).
- Prepare of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of zest of 1 lime (remember to zest before juicing! ;)).
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of fresh squeezed lime juice.
- You need of another lime for zesting atop cupcakes.
- It’s of Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/2531254-coconut-cream-cheese-frosting.
These Homemade Lime Cupcakes are soft and moist, with a sweet coconut cream filling and topped with a swirl of coconut cream cheese frosting. The cake is moist and flavorful. I was worried I was adding too much lime into the batter, but it's the perfect amount! It gives the cake just the right lime flavor without it being too overwhelming.
Coconut Lime Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting instructions
- Make your cupcakes according to box instructions REPLACING the water with an amount of coconut milk equal to the amount of water indicated on the box PLUS an additional 1/4 cup coconut milk. Don't forget to add the zest of 1 lime and 1 Tablespoon of fresh squeezed lime juice to the batter as well..
- While your cupcakes are cooling, make the Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting. Copy and paste this in your URL bar to get that recipe: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/2531254-coconut-cream-cheese-frosting.
- Frost your cupcakes as usual and then take a microplane or very fine grater and top the cupcakes with just a little bit of fresh lime zest. Frosted cake should be refrigerated until no less than 30 minutes before serving..
- Enjoy! :).
Stir in coconut and lime zest. These coconut cupcakes with lime buttercream frosting have a triple dose of coconut in the cupcakes and a soft, buttery texture. Then they're topped with creamy, fluffy lime frosting & toasted coconut. These are the perfect tropical cupcake recipe! Sometimes you need a cupcake that tastes like summertime fun and warm, sunny days.