Meatless pilau. For a lighter meatless version of Pilau, this is an incredibly flavourful and simple recipe that is a must-try! Fry the onions in about a tbls. of oil (I use olive) until golden brown in a skillet or saucepan. Add the salt and spices (except for the saffron).
Once cooked, drain and keep the liquid. Indian vegetarian recipes: Delicious vegetable Pilau rice. Indian vegetarian recipes: vegetable Pilau rice. You can have Meatless pilau using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meatless pilau
- You need of biriani rice.
- It’s of Ground pilau masala (i used tropical heal pilau masala sachet).
- You need of big onions (i like lots of onion in my food).
- You need of tomatoes blended to act as paste.
- It’s of Carrots grated.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Enough water for boiling the rice.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
- You need of chilli cube for extra taste.
- It’s of Crushed ginger.
- It’s of Crushed garlic.
This is a fast and practical recipe directly from India. My friends always say that I can't go one day without rice, after my trip to India. Well, I confess this is true! I have rice at least once a day every day.
Meatless pilau step by step
- Gather all your ingredients and set aside. Light your gas, put your pot and fry your onions,garlic and ginger and fry till golden brown..
- Add the ground masala and mix for one minute,, add the blended tomatoes and cook for 2mins.Add chilli cube and carrots and mix then add in the rice and mix completely until all the rice is completely colored, add water and let it cook. Serve your rice with kachumbari if you have,, mine i served with graded carrots since i don't tomatoes though i use them but only when blended. Enjoy..
Thoroughly rinse the rice and leave in a sieve to drain for half an hour. Meanwhile, over medium to high heat saute the onion with the oil in a sturdy pot with a tight fitting lid. When brown add the rice and stir gently until all the grains are glistening with a thin coating of oil. Then add all the remaining ingredients. Pilau is commonly known as a Kenyan delicacy but this rice dish is commonly eaten all around East Africa.