Lemon cupcakes. Sift the self-rising flour and salt together in a bowl. In another bowl, beat the unsalted butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
Delicious lemon cupcakes with a hint of lavender and creamy lemon frosting. These are not your Mama's cupcakes. Updated with a light, moist texture and just an 'ever-so-subtle' Provencal taste. You can have Lemon cupcakes using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon cupcakes
- You need 250 g of castor sugar.
- It’s 250 g of unsalted butter.
- It’s 250 g of self raising flour.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- It’s of The juice and peel of two lemons.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of milk.
- Prepare of Butter cream topping.
- You need 300 g of butter.
- You need 600 g of icing sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of lemon essence.
- You need of Wafer flowers to decorate.
My husband did not know there was lavender in them. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon zest and extracts. Combine flour and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with cream.
Lemon cupcakes step by step
- Mix together the sugar and the butter..
- Add in the lemon Peel and juice and sift in the flour, mix well..
- Add in the eggs and the milk and stir well until smooth..
- Put the mixture into the cupcake cases place in a preheated oven at 190° for 15 minutes. Then remove and switch shelves heat for a further three minutes before taking out of the oven..
- Mix together the icing sugar butter and lemon essence in a bowl. Spoon the mixture into and icing bag and pipe onto your cool cakes..
- Decorate as you choose and then serve..
Line the cupcake tin with papers. Add the sugar and lemon zest to the bowl of a food processor then pulse until zest is broken up and the sugar is pale yellow In color. Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a large bowl then whisk together and set aside. If you love lemon, then these lemon cupcakes are for you! The cake is moist, light, lemon-y, and filled with a bright, citrus-y lemon curd.