Tropical Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes. You should see the beginnings of caramelization. Remove from pan and set aside. The pancakes are reminiscent of pineapple upside down cake with a few differences.
Place a maraschino cherry into the center of each pineapple ring. Cook until the batter starts to bubble. Thus, pineapple upside-down pancakes were born. You can have Tropical Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tropical Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes
- It’s of All purpose flour.
- It’s of Baking soda.
- Prepare of Baking powder.
- It’s of Brown sugar.
- Prepare of Eggs.
- It’s of Coconut milk.
- It’s of Melted butter.
- You need of Vanilla extract.
- You need of Cinnamon powder.
- It’s of Extra butter for your griddle.
- You need of 1 sliced pineapple.
- It’s of Raspberries/maraschino cherries.
- You need of Roasted sweet coconut flakes.
To be honest, this breakfast took a while to get just right. First, we wanted to give the pancakes more of a cake-like flavor, borrowing the base. Heat a griddle or nonstick skillet over medium heat and melt extra butter. Once hot, add one pineapple ring to center of the griddle or skillet.
Tropical Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes step by step
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients- all purpose flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder, & brown sugar until well combined. Add in the eggs, coconut milk, melted butter, & vanilla extract. Mix well to form a lumpy batter. Heat a pan and melt the butter. Add a slice of the pineapple ring to center of pan. Sprinkle the top of pineapple with a little of the brown sugar. Cook the pineapple ring until lightly caramelized on one side. Gently flip the pineapple..
- Fill the core of the pineapple with a raspberry or cherry. Pour about ¼ of a cup of the prepared batter over the pineapple ring. Cook until bubbles form and the edges start become golden brown and crisp. Carefully flip the pancake with the pineapple ring and raspberry. Cook until golden brown and crisp on the other side. Remove the pancake and place in a serving plate with the pineapple side up. Repeat the process with the remaining batter and pineapple rings until all pancakes are done..
- Garnish with roasted coconut flakes & more raspberries. Serve with pineapple syrup, maple syrup, or honey and enjoy!.
Sprinkle the top of the pineapple with a little of. Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes turn the popular dessert into a delicious breakfast (that tastes like dessert!). Each pancake has a thick slice of fresh pineapple embedded in it. The pineapple rings are precooked in butter flavored with cinnamon. Then dark rum and brown sugar are added to make a tropical flavored syrup for the pancakes.