Chocolate Cupcakes w/ Vanilla Buttercream Frosting. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. In a separate bowl, beat together room temperature eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
Add powdered sugar into the bowl, one cup at a time, and mix until fully combined. Spread (or pipe) on cupcakes, cake or sugar cookies. Cupcakes: Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. You can have Chocolate Cupcakes w/ Vanilla Buttercream Frosting using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Cupcakes w/ Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- You need 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 3/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 3/4 cup of butter/margarine.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- It’s of frosting:.
- You need 2 cups of powdered sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of margarine.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 tbsp of milk.
While cupcakes are cooling, using a standing or hand mixer, beat softened butter and vanilla until nice and creamy. Add the cocoa powder along with one cup of the powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Continue to add in the rest of the powdered sugar and beat. Cream together butter, cocoa powder and salt.
Chocolate Cupcakes w/ Vanilla Buttercream Frosting step by step
- Sift and set aside the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt..
- Mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add and beat in eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla. Gradually add and mix the flour mixture, alternating with sour cream, and ending with flour..
- Fill up 3/4 of each baking cup with the batter. Bake for approx. 20 minutes at 350°F..
- FROSTING: mix butter until smooth, beat in powdered sugar, then vanilla and milk..
- Pipe the buttercream frosting onto the cupcakes. Add strawberries and coconut on top for decoration and extra flavor 🙃(optional)..
Butter mixture will be very thick. Turn off the mixer, scrape down the sides of the bowl and add powdered sugar. Whisk together: In large mixing bowl whisk together cocoa powder and baking soda. Cream: in another large mixing bowl add the melted butter, vegetable oil, sugar, vanilla and salt and beat until well combined. A rich yet light chocolate cupcake with a bit of espresso, studded with dark chocolate chunks and topped with vanilla bean Swiss meringue buttercream icing.