Strawberry & Pistachio Custard Tart. Book your Hotel in Strawberry CA online. The garden strawberry (or simply strawberry; Fragaria × ananassa) is a widely grown hybrid species of the genus Fragaria, collectively known as the strawberries, which are cultivated worldwide for their fruit. The fruit is widely appreciated for its characteristic aroma, bright red color, juicy texture, and sweetness.
Learn more about strawberries and their cultivation. Strawberries are available fresh, frozen, freeze-dried, and in jellies, syrups, and jams. People looking to eat strawberries should check the label of frozen and dried strawberries for added sugars. You can have Strawberry & Pistachio Custard Tart using 30 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Strawberry & Pistachio Custard Tart
- It’s of ■Tart crust.
- Prepare of ｇ(1.8 oz) unsalted butter, room temperature.
- You need of ｇ (5.5 Tbsp) powdered sugar.
- You need of egg yolk.
- Prepare of ｇ(3 Tbsp) almond flour.
- Prepare of milk.
- You need of vanilla oil.
- You need of ｇ(4.2 oz, a little less than 1 cup) cake flour.
- You need of ■Custard cream with pistachio.
- It’s of egg yolks.
- It’s of ｇ(4 Tbsp) granulated sugar.
- It’s of vanilla oil.
- It’s of ｇ (2 Tbsp) cake flour.
- Prepare of ｇ (a little less than 1 cup) milk.
- You need of granulated sugar (for milk).
- Prepare of ｇ(1.8 oz) pistachio paste.
- It’s of ｇ (1/2 Tbsp) unsalted butter.
- You need of ■Strawberry jelly.
- You need of ｇ (5.3 oz) frozen strawberries.
- It’s of ｇ (1/4 cup) granulated sugar.
- You need of lemon juice.
- It’s of rum.
- It’s of ｇ (1 tsp) gelatin powder.
- It’s of water (for gelatin).
- You need of ■Topping.
- Prepare of ｇ(1/4 cup) heavy cream.
- Prepare of granulated sugar.
- You need of vanilla essence.
- It’s of small amount of chopped pistachio.
- You need of ※1cup=235cc(USA).
The fruit is eaten and used to make medicine. The leaves are also used to make medicine. People use strawberry for diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure. It is a hybrid of two wild strawberry species from North America and Chile.
Strawberry & Pistachio Custard Tart step by step
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://youtu.be/kFLuD3jQw6w.
- 【TART CRUST】Sift powdered sugar. Sift cake flour twice; set aside. Put unsalted butter in a large bowl and cream the butter..
- Add the powdered sugar in 2 parts. Mix well each time until creamy. Add an egg yolk and Mix thoroughly until creamy..
- Sift almond flour in the bowl and mix well until combined. Add 1/2 Tbsp milk and mix well until combined. Add vanilla oil and mix well..
- Add the cake flour all at once. Fold it until the large lumps are formed. Gather the pastry lightly..
- Take the dough out of the bowl. Spread plastic wrap on your counter and put the dough on. Knead it lightly until powderiness disappears or it gets smooth. Flatten it into a disk and cover with plastic wrap. Let it sit in a fridge for 3 hours or overnight..
- Take the disk out of the fridge and press it lightly to soften. You should leave your disk on a counter for 10-20 mins to soften if it's too firm. Roll it out into 3 mm (0.1'') thick while coating it lightly with bread flour. Wind the pastry around a rolling pin and lift..
- Place the pastry on the pan gently and line the pan with it. Trim the edges. Press the side of the pastry against the pan..
- Prick bottom of the pastry with a fork. Chill it in a fridge for 30 mins. Preheat an oven to 190℃ / 374 F. 30 mins later, line the chilled pastry with parchment paper. Fill the inside with tart stones..
- Bake it at 170℃ / 338F for 15-18 mins until the edges just begin to brown. Remove the tart stones and parchment paper. Bake it for another 15-18 mins until the center of the pastry is golden. Let it cool..
- 【PISTACHIO CUSTARD】Put pistachio paste, milk and 1 Tbsp granulated sugar into a pot and mix roughly. Pour it into a blender and mix until well combined. Pour it back into the pot and set aside..
- Put egg yolks in a bowl. Add granulated sugar and mix it until it turns pale yellow. Add vanilla oil and mix well. Add cake flour and mix it slowly until combined. Set aside..
- Warm the milk and pistachio mixture over low-medium heat for 2 mins while stirring. Pour the milk mixture into the egg mixture while stirring. After adding all, continue to stir for 30 sec. Pour it back into the pot..
- Cook it over the medium heat while mixing. When bottom of the mixture starts to thicken, turn off the heat and mix well until smooth..
- Cook it again over medium heat while mixing. After it becomes heavy like 1st picture below, cook it for another 2 mins. To prevent scorching, mix it while scraping off the cream on the bottom and the corners of the pot. Cook it until large bubbles appear. Turn off the heat and mix it lightly..
- Add unsalted butter and mix well until combined. Strain it and then put it in the tart crust and flatten it. Seal the top of the custard with plastic wrap and chill it in a fridge for 2-3 hours..
- 【STRAWBERRY JELLY】Put 1.5 Tbsp water in a small container. Sprinkle gelatin powder over the water. (You should put water first and then sprinkle gelatin over to prevent unevenness.) Leave it until you use. Cut frozen strawberries into small pieces. Put them into a pot. Add granulated sugar and lemon juice..
- Cook it over medium heat for 5-6 mins until it gets softened. Turn off the heat and add the gelatin. Melt the gelatin thoroughly. Add rum and mix well. Strain it and let it cool for about 5 mins..
- Pour the strawberry jelly over the top of the chilled custard tart. The scum will come up on the top in about a minute. Place a sheet of paper towel gently on the top and take off the sheet slowly to remove the scum. Chill it in a fridge for 1-2 hours..
- 【TOPPING】Add granulated sugar to heavy cream and whip it. Add vanilla essence and mix well. Put whipped cream to a piping bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe swirls of whipped cream along the edge of the tart. Top with chopped pistachio. It's all done!!.
Strawberries are bright red, juicy, and. Find strawberry recipes galore, whether you're looking for a scratch-made strawberry cake or a deliciously healthy spinach strawberry salad. We have loads of ways to use fresh in-season strawberries, including all of your favorite strawberry desserts and more. Strawberry plants come in three types: June-bearing varieties bear fruit all at once, usually over a period of three weeks. Day-length sensitive, these varieties produce buds in the autumn, flowers, and fruits the following June, and runners during the long days of summer.