Basundi. Basundi recipe with video & step by step photos. Basundi is a rich, delicious and flavorful Indian sweet made by thickening full fat milk and sugar. It is flavored with cardamoms and saffron.
Basundi is sweet thickened milk, flavored with cardamom and nutmeg, with the addition of dry fruits. This milk based delicious dessert is popular in the western part of India, specially in the states maharashtra and Gujarat. How is basundi made Generally milk is reduced on a low flame till it becomes thick. basundi recipe You can cook Basundi using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Basundi
- It’s of milk.
- You need of saffron.
- Prepare of cardamom powder.
- Prepare of chopped almonds, cashews, and pistachios.
- You need of sugar.
easy milk basundi with step by step photo and video recipe. generally, the recipe for basundhi is prepared by simmering the full cream milk which is a common step for any milk based dessert. but there are several variations and also instant recipes too which should hasten the steps. but with this recipe, i am sharing the traditional way of making it. While both the sweets, Rabdi and Basundi has the same ingredients and process, it does have a slight difference. The only difference between these two dishes is the texture. Basundi is thinner in consistency, whereas in Rabdi, the milk is reduced a lot giving it a very thick consistency as compared to Basundi.
- Firstly, in a kadai boil 2-litre milk stirring well once the milk comes to a boil, add 2 tbsp chopped cashew, almonds and pistachios. stir well making sure milk doesn’t stick to the bottom. boil the milk on low flame till milk reduces. keep stirring in between to avoid sticking till the milk reduces to quarter..
- Add ½ cup sugar and ¼ tsp saffron and mix well. adjust the amount of sugar depending on sweetness you are looking for. boil for another 5 minutes or till the milk thickens comp.
- Finally, serve basundi chilled or hot garnished with few dry fruits..
Basundi (Gujarati: બાસુંદી, Kannada: ಬಾಸುಂಡಿ, Marathi: बासुंदी, Tamil: பாசந்தி, Telugu: బాసుంది) is an Indian sweet mostly in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka. It is a sweetened condensed milk made by boiling milk on low heat until the milk is reduced by half. Basundi recipe is one of the popular Indian sweet recipes in which a mixture of full-fat milk and condensed milk slowly cooked until it gets thickens, flavoured with some cardamom powder and saffron and garnish with some chopped dried fruits is one of the popular sweet recipes in India. In this post, you will learn how to make basundi sweet ? Basundi recipe is almost the same as rabdi aka rabri, the recipe of which I had posted earlier.