Whole Wheat Dinner Roll.
You can have Whole Wheat Dinner Roll using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Dinner Roll
- Prepare 1 cup of warm milk.
- You need 2.25 tsp of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 4 tbs of sugar.
- Prepare 2-2.5 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1 of large egg, room temperaturw.
- Prepare 0.5 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 6 tbs of unsalted butter, room temperature.
Whole Wheat Dinner Roll step by step
- Combine milk, yeast and 1 tablespoon sugat in a small bowl, let stand until foamy, about 5 – 10 minutes..
- With a stand mixer bowl, pour the yeast mixture. Add whole wheat flour,remaining sugar, egg, salt and butter..
- Using the dough hook, gradually add all purpose flour, 1/2 cup at a time. Stop adding the flour when the dough looks soft and smooth. The dough should feel elastic and slightly tacky to the touch..
- Lightly oil a large bowl or coat with nonstick spray; place dough in bowl, turning to coat. Cover with a clean dishtowel and let stand in a warm spot until dough has doubled in size, about 45 minutes to 1 hour..
- Gently deflate dough by punching down. Cut into 14 pieces and form into a ball..
- Coat a 10 in round pan with nonstick spray. Place dough balls into the prepared baking dish. Cover with a clean dishtowel and let stand in a warm spot until dough has doubled in size, about 45-60 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 375° F..
- Lightly brush the tops with milk then place into oven and bake until golden brown, about 15-18 minutes..