Coconut Burfi. Coconut burfi is a delicious south Indian Sweet recipe made with coconut, sugar, milk and cardamom powder. It is one of the most commonly made sweet during festivals & celebrations in South India. Try this easy coconut burfi for Diwali!
These grainy sweet coconut squares can be stored in the refrigerator for upto a week. Grease a dinner plate, and set aside. Mix together the coconut milk, coconut milk powder, and desiccated coconut (set aside a little bit to sprinkle over the top). You can cook Coconut Burfi using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut Burfi
- Prepare of ghee.
- You need of desiccated cocount.
- It’s of and 1/2 cup milk.
- You need of malai(milk cream).
- Prepare of sugar.
- You need of Food color.
- It’s of cardamom powder.
- It’s of Pistachio or almonds.
Melt the vegan butter in a pan over a medium heat, then add the coconut mixture, plus the condensed milk. Coconut Burfi is a classic and traditional recipe of an Indian sweet that is prepared during festivals and special occasions. Coconut Burfi as its name suggest is a sweet made of the coconut which can be cooked easily and quickly. Coconut Burfi (Thengai Burfi) is a tasty south Indian sweet done on most of the festival days.
Coconut Burfi instructions
- Take a pan, add 1/2 tsp ghee and desiccated coconut. Roast it for 4-5 minutes on the low flame gas.
- Add milk, milk cream, and sugar, mix all the ingredients and cook until it gets thick..
- Add 1 pinch food color,mix it well about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 tsp ghee and cardamom powder, mix well.Barfi mixture is ready.
- In a plate, grease some ghee and spread the burfi mixture in the plate.
- Cold it for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- After 30 minutes,cut it into the burfi shape with the knife.
- Now take it out into the another plate.
- Add some pistachio or almonds at the top.
Most of us make this tasty burfi for Diwali. A little care needed otherwise a simple sweet yet so mouth-watering dish. Take ¾ cup warm milk in a bowl. Coconut burfi method: Take a pan and fry cashews till golden brown and set aside. Apply ghee to a quarter sheet pan and dump the hot coconut burfi mixture on the sheet pan and spread it evenly with a spatula.