Lemon Cupcakes. Sift the self-rising flour and salt together in a bowl. In another bowl, beat the unsalted butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
Delicious lemon cupcakes with a hint of lavender and creamy lemon frosting. These are not your Mama's cupcakes. Updated with a light, moist texture and just an 'ever-so-subtle' Provencal taste. You can have Lemon Cupcakes using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon Cupcakes
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- You need Half cup of oil.
- It’s Half cup of warm water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon essence.
- You need Half of grated lemon rind.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of cup flour.
- Prepare 3 tsp of baking powder.
My husband did not know there was lavender in them. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon zest and extracts. Combine flour and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with cream.
Lemon Cupcakes instructions
- Method Beat eggs and sugar till light and creamy Fold in the flour mixture Add the oil and water mixture and beat well Pour into cupcake pans or loaf pan and bake at 180 degrees C for 15 minutes Allow to cool.
- Icing: 125 g butter 2 cups icing sugar 2 tsp lemon juice Half t lemon essence Beat well Pipe onto cakes…decorate with lemon rind and enjoy… Can be made in a variety of flavours by simply changing the essence.. for rose and cardamom add a t of rose essence and a 1 of cardamom.
Line the cupcake tin with papers. Add the sugar and lemon zest to the bowl of a food processor then pulse until zest is broken up and the sugar is pale yellow In color. Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a large bowl then whisk together and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, lemon zest, baking powder, and salt; set aside. If you love lemon, then these lemon cupcakes are for you!