Carrot Burfi. Carrot Burfi or carrot fudge is a classic Indian dessert made with carrot and milk. This burfi is packed with all the goodness of carrots. Everyone enjoys traditional homemade methai (sweet).
Red Delhi carrots are in season now and time to make various carrot based recipes like carrot halwa , Gajar ka murabba. every year I make gajar halwa with the tender juicy carrots we get in winters. Carrot Burfi or Gajar Burfi is a popular Indian sweet, and it resembles Carrot Halwa or Gajar Halwa. It is very straightforward and easy to make this Burfi and requires only a few ingredients. You can cook Carrot Burfi using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot Burfi
- You need of ghee.
- Prepare of grated carrot.
- You need of milk.
- You need of sugar.
- You need of cardamom powder.
- You need of Few cashews.
- You need of Few raisins.
- You need of Few pistachios.
Carrot Burfi or Carrot Fudge is sweet, super delicious, and pleasing; if you like Gajar Halwa, you must try this Burfi as well. Our Latest Video Carrot Burfi is a fusion twist to the traditional burfi recipe. Prepared with the goodness of fresh carrots, this makes for a perfect festive recipe. Made with grated carrots, ghee and dry-fruits, this dessert recipe is loved by people of all age groups.
Carrot Burfi step by step
- Grate the carrots..
- In a pan add ghee and then add the grated carrot. Carrot will shrink slightly. Then add 1/2 cup milk. Milk will reduce after sometime. Then add 1/2 cup sugar. Mix the sugar well till it dissolves.Add Khoya or mawa. Mix well to avoid any lumps.Add the cardamom powder. Garnish with nuts and raisins..
- In a greased tray add the gajar halwa. Form a block. Cool completely and rest for 30 mins. After 30 mins invert the tray. Gently tap on the tray to loosen the halwa. Cut squares..
Making carrot burfi recipe: Take grated carrots, heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk and sugar in a pan, mix well. Turn the heat on medium heat. Let it come to a simmer and cook till all the moisture is evaporated. Carrot Burfi is a delicious desert made by slowly cooking carrots in condensed milk, ricotta cheese and garnished with nuts. Mmm…Each bite will literally melt in your mouth.