Rava Nutty Modak. Semolina (Suji or rava): There two types of sooji available in the Indian stores, one is fine semolina and the other is coarse sooji. For this recipe, you'll need fine verity. Coarse one is good for upma, rava uttapam, etc.
Learn How To Make Rava Modak Recipe, a Ganesh Chaturthi Special Recipe, from Chef Ruchi Bharani, only on Rajshri Food. When the mixture has cool down to room temperature, add powdered sugar and mix well. Grease the modak mould with some ghee, fill the mould with enough mixture and seal the opening of the mould. You can cook Rava Nutty Modak using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rava Nutty Modak
- You need of Semolina.
- Prepare of Condensed milk (milkmaid).
- You need of Ghee.
- Prepare of Almonds (finely chopped) 10-12 nos.
- You need of Pistachios(finely chopped) 20-25 nos.
- Prepare of Green cardamom.
- You need of Saffron strands 20-25 nos.
- Prepare of Powdered sugar.
- Prepare of Or Food colour(yellow).
Rava modak or semolina modak – this is an easy modak recipe as no frying or steaming of the modaks is required. Let's begin with the classic Ukadiche modak recipe, courtesy the queen of cookery, Tarla Dalal! See recipes for Rava Uttapam, Rava coconut jalebi, Rava ladoo too. Remove from the heat, transfer into another plate.
Rava Nutty Modak step by step
- Put saffron strands or food color in 2 tbsp milk.(yellow liquid).
- In a non-stick kadhai or pan, add ghee and add 1/2 cup semolina. Roast till it changes color. Roast for 8-9 mins on medium flame(slightly golden)..
- Now,add milk,yellow liquid and 1/2 cup condensed milk. (In this step reduce the flame/simmer gas)..
- Mix it well and cook until it forms a dense dough.(now slightly increase the flame and stir for few seconds or for 1- 1 and half minutes..
- When dough is dense and cooked,take it out in a separate plate and cool it. (Cool it in room temp.).
- For stuffing,take a pan and roast almonds and pistachios(finely chopped) Roast for half a minute..
- Turn off flame, add cardamom powder, 1tbsp powdered sugar,add a little dough in it so that stuffing binds well. Take out the stuffing in a bowl..
- Grease your hands with ghee and slightly kneads the dough..
- Now to make modaks,take a dough and make a ball with your hands and then press it with your palms. Put stuffing in it and give it a shape of modak..
- You can also use modak making mould but I have made them with hands..
- To make modak like look make likes with the help of fork at equal distance on all sides..
Fine rava & besan flour – Indian grocery store or on amazon; Grated coconut frozen – available in the frozen aisle of Indian grocery stores. Til Modak – A variation of usual modak. Only two ingredients are used here til /sesame seeds and jaggery. A unique combination of flavors is bound to get you addicted. This is a quick modak recipe and comes handy if you don't have much time.