Stuffed turnips. Stuffed Turnip – a vegetarian Russian recipe. Turnips, buckwheat, cheese, herbs, and more. Clean and peel the turnips and boil them until they are just soft enough to scoop out the insides.
An inventive way to liven up turnips, the peas in this recipe bring a new texture to a sometimes dull root vegetable while the mint sauce adds a zing of. Lightly sprinkle the insides of the turnips with potato starch. Turnips are done when they pierce easily with a knife. You can cook Stuffed turnips using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed turnips
- Prepare of medium sized turnips.
- It’s of short grain rice.
- It’s of ground beef.
- You need of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of 7 spice.
- It’s of canola oil.
- Prepare of pomegranate molasses.
- Prepare of tomato paste.
- It’s of water.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- You need of minced garlic.
Drain water and remove steamer from pan Yumm!! I love turnips, especially with butter, you can't go wrong!! I learned a long time ago to peel. The turnip or white turnip (Brassica rapa subsp. rapa) is a root vegetable commonly grown in temperate climates worldwide for its white, fleshy taproot.
Stuffed turnips instructions
- Wash, peel, and core the turnips.
- Deep fry the turnips until they get a golden color. Drain them from the oil and pat them with paper towels.
- Prepare the stuffing by mixing the rice, meat, and spices together.
- Stuff the fried turnips 3/4 with the rice stuffing.
- In a pot add the pomegranate molasses, olive oil, tomato paste, and water. Bring it to boil.
- Add the turnips and let it all boil together on high for 20min. Lower the heat, cover the pot, and allow it to cook for another 2 hrs..
- Add the minced garlic to the sauce and let it all boil on high for a final 20min..
Chop the speck together with the sage. Scoop out the centers of the turnips to make 'bowls' and reserve the flesh. Drain the turnips, allow them to cool slightly, then remove two-thirds of the centre with a sharp knife. The turnip has a special place in the Russian diet. Try this easy recipe to make the most of this vegetable's The humble turnip has played an outsized role in the diet of people throughout history.