Dates & Nuts Rolls. Dates are the fruit of the date palm tree, which is grown in many tropical regions of the world. Dates have become quite popular in recent years. Almost all dates sold in Western countries are.
A date is a stone fruit, meaning it has a single seed surrounded by an outer fleshy fruit (like peaches, mangoes, and olives). They're grown on date palm trees, so where you would usually invision coconuts, picture big bunches of hundreds of dates! Dates are a fantastic food that is packed with nutrients and flavor. You can cook Dates & Nuts Rolls using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dates & Nuts Rolls
- It’s of Seedless Dates.
- It’s of Almonds.
- You need of Cashewnuts.
- Prepare of Raisins.
- You need of Pistachios.
- You need of Poppy seeds.
- You need of Ghee.
They're also great for satisfying a sweet craving in a natural, healthy way. If you want the best-quality dates on the market, take a look at this list. Dates are one of nature's sweetest treats. Their high sugar content may have you wondering whether dates are considered a healthy choice.
Dates & Nuts Rolls step by step
- Roughly chop almonds, cashew and pistachios..
- Dry roast them in a pan, one after the other for about 2-3 minutes each. Remove from pan and allow them to cool..
- Roast poppy seeds in the same pan for a minute, and add them to the nuts..
- Once cool, pulse the nuts and poppy seeds to a coarse mixture. You can choose how coarse you want the nuts to be..
- In the same pan, heat ghee and add the chopped dates and raisins. On medium heat cook them together till they form a thick mass..
- Do not leave the mixture unattended else it might burn. After about 5-7 minutes when the mixture comes together, remove from heat and cool. Whip this in a food processor or blender to a coarse paste..
- Transfer the dates raisins mixture to the pan and add the crushed nuts..
- On medium flame homogenize the mixture till it all comes together to form a thick mass. This should take about 10 minutes. Shut off the gas and let the mixture cool till it can be handled with bare hands..
- The shape of the final product completely depends on you. If you want cubes, pour the mixture in a greased tray and once little cool, cut them to squares..
- If you want balls, take 1 tbsp. of the mixture, shape it like a ball with greased hands and coat it in poppy seeds..
- I rolled the mixture like a log in foil paper tightly. Kept in in the fridge for 1/2 an hour and later cut it in the slices..
- Tasty and sugar-less sweets are ready!.
Dates are definitely sweet, but as a fruit, they also provide beneficial micronutrients and some fiber. You may want to consume dates in moderation, but they are by no means an empty-calorie food. Dates have been a staple ingredient in Middle Eastern cuisine for thousands of years. The sweet fruit is widely cultivated across the Middle East, Northern Africa and South Asia. They're cultivated in Southern California and Southern Florida in the United States and in Sonora and Baja California in Mexico.