Naan Khatai Cookies. Nan khatai is an authentic Indian sweet and savory eggless cookie that can be easily prepared at home. Extremely light but sweet and just melts in the mouth. Traditionally made with clarified butter or "ghee", using plain unsalted butter would be just fine.
Nankhatai are Indian shortbread cookies that are made with all-purpose flour, sugar and ghee (clarified butter) or butter. Roll them into a ball and flatten it slightly. Lay silver foil in a baking tray and arrange the cookies. You can have Naan Khatai Cookies using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Naan Khatai Cookies
- You need of besan.
- It’s of maida.
- You need of sooji.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- Prepare of cardamom powder.
- Prepare of powdered sugar.
- You need of ghee.
- Prepare of milk (if needed).
- You need of Slivered pistachio.
Sprinkle chopped pistachios and slightly press it. Nan khatai is an excellent snack recipe for kids. You can pack these cookies for school snacks box or even in the lunch box as a small treat. Also, you can serve it as an evening snack with a cup of milk.
Naan Khatai Cookies step by step
- Cream ghee and sugar with help of a whisker or a beater till it’s light..
- Take rest of the dry ingredients in a bowl..
- Now add dry ingredients in the wet mix of ghee and sugar and knead lightly like a dough..
- If the mixture in dry add milk. Mine wasn’t as I had used melted ghee..
- Pinch lemon size dough and make balls Place pistachio n sprinkle some cardamom powder on each. That’s optional.
- Preheat the oven Place the butter paper on a baking tray and place all prepared dough balls..
- Now bake them at 180degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Keep checking as temperature differs from oven to oven Once they are done from the bottom, Take the tray out and let them cool completely. Enjoy besan naan khatais with coffee or tea..
Store in an air tight container at room temperature. Nankhatai, is a traditional Indian biscuit. These shortbread style eggless cookies is crunchy & crumbly with a sensational aroma of cardamom. In a large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, sugar, clarified butter, almonds, ground cardamom, and baking powder. Mix until thoroughly combined and a cohesive dough comes together.