Nolen gur or sondesh or palm jaggery sondesh. Another popular Sondesh prepared from date palm jaggery is the Jalbhara Sondesh recipe. Sandesh is very easy to prepare. It has only two basic ingredients fresh Chhena (Indian Cottage Cheese) and Sugar or jaggery.
Overnight the sap gets collected on the earthen pot. The sap is boiled to make the dark caramel colored jaggery. This date palm jaggery has an unmistakable flavor. You can cook Nolen gur or sondesh or palm jaggery sondesh using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Nolen gur or sondesh or palm jaggery sondesh
- It’s of full fat milk.
- You need of Chenna.
- It’s of Nolen gur or palm jaggery.
- It’s of ghee.
- It’s of pistachios for garnishing.
This is Bongs favourite notun gur or nolen gur. Nolen gurer Sandesh is a classic Bengali sweet recipe which is crazily popular among Bengalis. The main reason behind its popularity is the unique but extraordinary flavour and irresistible taste. Nolen gur Sandesh is a tender milk-jaggery fudge which melts in mouth after every bite.
Nolen gur or sondesh or palm jaggery sondesh step by step
- First make a Chenna then take out the Chenna in a big plate mash the cheena to make a soft dough like consistency,.
- In a frying pan add a spoon of ghee then add cheena and gur (jaggery) mix it, in a low flame cook it until it leaves the side of the pan then turn of the flame keep it aside.
- And cool it completely then take a small portion from the dough and give the shape of Sondesh garnish it with pistachios…
It is the amalgamation of Indian cottage cheese and nolen gur or date palm jaggery which is cooked in low flame. 'Nolen Gur' —-the sound of the name is enough to make all Bengalis sentimental. The Date palm jaggery is an intrinsic part of Bengali life and is synonymous to winter in Bengal. Sandesh or the way Bengali's call it Sondesh- its history dates back… Nolen gur I.e date palm jaggery is a special jaggery extracted from dates/ khajur & is available only during winters in Kolkata. While the shada (white made out of sugar) sandesh is available all year round, the gurer sandesh is the exotic & tastier one. The flavours of the jaggery lend a very unique taste to the sandesh.