Pineapple Halwa. You can also find more Desserts recipes like Fruit And Nut Chocolates Candy Crunch Cheese Cake Mango Phirni Strawberry Buttermilk Popsicles. Halwa can be made using semolina, whole wheat flour, lentils, carrots etc. Out of these the one made with semolina (sooji) is the most popular.
There are many variations available to it. I had never made halwa with a fruit, just once before when I made pineapple halwa it did not turn out well, plus the thing that fruit in a halwa use to always deter me as was not sure how it will taste. One such halwa recipe is Pineapple Halwa, which is cooked using pineapple, semolina, ghee, pineapple essence, sugar, saffron, raisins, and cashews. You can have Pineapple Halwa using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pineapple Halwa
- You need of Ghee.
- You need of semolina.
- You need of saffron strands.
- You need of pineapple puree.
- Prepare of pineapple chopped.
- It’s of water.
- Prepare of sugar.
- It’s of pistachios for garnishing.
Often made on special occasions and festivals, you can make this pineapple halwa anytime to treat your loved ones! Also, when you have guests coming up in your home at a short notice, you can. Pineapple halwa recipe – a sweet or dessert made from semolina, sugar, clarified butter and pineapple (pieces and puree). In northern parts of India, it is called halwa.
Pineapple Halwa instructions
- Heat a pan add ghee then add semolina cook stir continuously till it slightly changes the color..
- Then add saffron strands mix it well then add pineapple chopped and puree then further cook for 3 to 4 minutes then add 2 cups of water mix it nicely..
- Cover it and cooked for 2 to 3 minutes then add sugar keep stirring till all the moisture evaporates and semolina is cooked completely garnished it with some pistachios, Serve hot..
While in the western part of India, it is called pineapple sheera. While in south India, it is called pineapple kesari. Different names, same method and taste. Pineapple halwa is a popular Indian sweet item. There are many varieties in halwa such as carrot halwa, pista halwa, almond halwa, etc.